Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Land Celebration near Gore, Virginia was once a nudist colony, and as you drive up the winding drive (past signs warning you not to enter unless invited), there seems to be some of that energy left in the air.

Rustic and unique, The Land Celebration was blanketed in snow when we arrived, but that didn't stop it feeling warm and inviting. I was reminded of the quote from their website: 


"Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field...I'll meet you there." ~Rumi


Fitting.


Accommodations on the land vary, from private cabins and large houses to dorm-style spaces and spots to camp. Each brought its own uniqueness.



I loved the wailing wall (pictured here), as I am always interested in bringing together cultures I am not necessarily familiar with and tasting their traditions. It was really a great experience to sit with my thoughts and then add to the wall, and to stand by as the other ladies did the same. There was a real feel of beautiful energy in the air as the women approached the wall, took paper and pen, and covered their heads with the shawls. Lovely.

Something I really loved about this land was the way they went way beyond being inclusive - they are embracing. Following the walking trails, you might stumble across a sweat lodge in the ceremonial area near the pond, one of the three labyrinths, or a beautiful spot to meditate. It was just what I needed, just when I needed it. I very much enjoyed the quiet time soaking it all in, and know there are many places I didn't even get the opportunity to see.


Check out their website for details on gatherings at The Land Celebration.


Thank you to the beautiful and talented Victoria Karalun of Canary Lane Photography for the beautiful photography. She does fantastic work!

0 comments :

Post a Comment