Saturday, June 23, 2012

Once the family was well worn out from swimming, we grabbed some dinner and then went back to the hotel room. I got everyone settled and then went back into the city to meet up with a friend from high school.

Plans called for starting the evening with the Underground Seattle Tour, but traffic had different plans! I got there in plenty of time, but my friend wasn't able to make it before the tour started. So Plan B called for the Hard Rock Cafe, then a walk along the wharf to watch the sunset.

First Starbucks at Pike Place Market, Seattle, WashingtonOn the way from the Hard Rock to the wharf we stopped and poked around at the shops near Pikes Place Market, and I took the obligatory tourist photo in front of the first Starbucks.

If ever there were something to make a coastal girl living in the middle of the country homesick, it would be that sunset. Unbelievable. Words can't even begin to describe the pulling at my heart as we watched the sky turn pink and the sun melt into the ocean.

Once the sun was gone and the air had cooled, the three of us turned our attention to hiking back up to the car. When we turned and saw what was behind us, it was as though we had been missing a postcard shaping up. The Seattle skyline was nothing short of breathtaking. It made me so glad I had ventured into the city for this me-time!


Seattle by night

Seattle by night

0 comments :

Post a Comment